Thursday, October 27, 2011

@Twitter

Look outside for a moment and notice the multiplication of skeleton-like trees that sway softly in the autumn breeze. The end of October is upon us and so are all our final University projects and exams. Luckily for me, I have a week off from my ALES 204 class to work on my E-portfolio. 

While I scroll through our class blog, post after post, I realize how fortunate I am to have taken the ALES 204 class this semester. Otherwise, I would have never learned how to properly use social media such as Facebook and Twitter, efficiently and in a professional manner. 

As I have been using Twitter more frequently than in the past; to tweet about the class and complete assignments, I thought it would be helpful to link the five professionals I follow on Twitter and why in this blog post. That way, you won't have to go through all my tweets to find out. 

I FOLLOW: 

@StyleNineToFive for updates on current fashion career and internship opportunities in Canada

@BoF for breaking news about happenings in the Fashion Industry. Mostly related to fashion designers. 

@FLAREfashion for insiders on the Canadian fashion magazine world. I also follow some of the editors of the magazine. 

@VogueParis to get fashion news in French and to get a European perspective on fashion 

@LisaTant because I'm interested in her opinions on breaking news in the fashion world and knowing what she does as Editor-in-Chief of Flare Magazine 

I follow many other professionals interested in fashion on Twitter and am always searching for new people. Who are your favourite people to follow on Twitter? 


1 comment:

  1. Twitter can be useful because you can follow people in your field of interest. Good thing we learned about learning how to use twitter ( social media in general) professionally.

    Naomi Porciuncula
    ALES 204

    ReplyDelete